Funding: Mentored Researcher Development Award
This research examines local health department (LHD) use of social media, and the social media communication network among LHDs, their constituents, and other public health system stakeholders. Descriptive, inferential, and statistical network modeling approaches will be used.
Ross Brownson, Ph.D.
Building an Evidence-Base for Social Media Use in Public Health Practice (PHSSR Research in Progress Webinar, February 2014 recording)
- What’s in a username? Finding local health departments on Twitter
- Social Media Adoption in Health Departments Nationwide: The State of the States
- Local health department use of Twitter to disseminate diabetes information.
- Social media adoption in local health departments nationwide.
- The network of Web 2.0 connections among state health departments: new pathways for dissemination.
- Communication ties across the national network of local health departments