The Colorado Public Health PBRN will foster research on public health organization, decision-making and practice within the diverse rural and urban settings of Colorado. The network will be organized by the Colorado Association of Local Public Health Officials and housed with the Public Health Alliance of Colorado, a collaborative of ten public health professional associations within the state. Participating practice agencies will include local health departments represented by the Colorado Association of Local Public Health Officials, along with the state health agency. Research partners will include faculty from the Colorado School of Public Health, the Rocky Mountain Prevention Research Center, the University of Colorado School of Medicine, and the University of Colorado School of Public Affairs. The network will focus initially on studying the implementation and impact of a natural experiment involving recently passed state legislation that modernizes state public health laws and redistributes local public health agency responsibilities and powers. Other research interests involve the use of local health and environmental data for public health planning and decision-making, cross-jurisdictional shared services, public health infrastructure law and public health agency organization and governance.
- Community Partnerships and Evidence-Based Prevention
- Recipes for Success: Factors Affecting Implementation of Evidence-based Practices to Promote Healthy Eating and Active Living
- Equity in Competitive Grantmaking for Safe Routes to School Projects
- Nurse Navigator Program: Bridging Public Health and Primary Care with Potential to Improve Chronic Disease Outcomes
- Colorado Geographic and Structural Variation in Public Health Services (MPROVE)
- Determining the Cost of Select Core Services Across Colorado Public Health Agencies (DACS)
- A Comparison of State Dissemination and Implementation Strategies on Local Health Department Accreditation Readiness and Quality Improvement Maturity (DIRECTIVE)
- Measuring Variation in the Integration of Primary Care and Public Health: A Multi-State PBRN Study of Local Integration and Health Outcomes
- Colorado Association of Local Public Health Officials
- Public Health Alliance of Colorado
- Colorado School of Public Health
- Rocky Mountain Prevention Research Center
- University of Colorado School of Medicine
- University of Colorado School of Public Affairs
Lisa VanRaemdonck, M.P.H., M.S.W.
Executive Director, School of Public Affairs Institute for Governance
University of Colorado Denver
Julie Marshall, Ph.D.
Professor, Director of the Rocky Mountain Prevention Research Center
Colorado School of Public Health
800 Grant St., Ste. 335
Denver, CO 80203